NURTURING OUR YOUNGEST MEMBERS
The Stanly County Family YMCA welcomes our members’ children, ages 6 weeks - Pre-K to Minnie’s Place,conveniently located on the main floor just before the staircase.
We strive to provide a secure, nurturing, comfortable, and attractive environment for MEMBERS’ children to play while parents enjoy their time at the Y. Free of charge, Minnie’s Place is a benefit to your membership. Please take a few moments to familiarize yourself with the following policies:
- Minnie's Place is open to members' children 6 weeks-Pre-K. Please be prepared to complete one registration card per child upon your first visit.
- Children can stay in Minnie’s Place up to two hours at a time.
- Minnie’s Place provides learning enrichment sessions each hour for your child(ren) at no additional cost to you!
- Please bring all necessary materials needed for your child’s care (diapers, wipes, change of clothes, formula, bottle, cup with lid). donated to charity at the end of each month.
- Parents are welcome to accompany their children to the Youth Lobby to have a snack and/or beverage before, during, or after Minnie’s Place reservation time. Staff will bottle feed babies as parents direct. Water is available for all children.
- Parents are required to make advance reservations at the Membership Desk, 704-982-1916. Reservations for Monday mornings must be made by 3 pm on Saturday. Reservations for Tuesday-Saturday mornings must be made by 7 pm the night before. Reservations for evening hours must be made by 3 pm on the same day. The number of reservations and the ages of the children determine staffing needs. Walk-ins, drop-ins, and call-ins are not accepted.
- Minnie’s Place can be used only while parents are using the facility. Children may not be left in Minnie’s Place during non-operating hours.
- Please call to change or cancel your reservation. Staff will wait at least 15 minutes for a child to arrive before closing Minnie’s Place. If there is a record of 3 “no-shows” for the month, you will be charged a $5.00 fee.
Hours of Operation are:
Monday - Friday 8:30 am - 1:00 pm; 4:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Saturday 8:15 am - 11:30 am