Our Cause Defines Us
When we all work together, we know lasting personal and social change comes about. At the Y, STRENGTHENING COMMUNITY is our cause. Every day, we work side-by-side with our neighbors to ensure, regardless of age, income or background, everyone has the opporunity to learn, grow, and thrive.
Our Focus is Community
The Y is a non-profit like no other. That is because in 10,000 neighborhoods across the nation, we have the presence and partnerships to not just promise, but deliver, positive change.
The Y is Community Centered
The Y brings people together. We connect people of all ages and backgrounds to bridge the gaps in community needs.
The Y nurtures potential. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to learn, grow, and thrive.
The Y has local presence and global reach. We mobilize local communities to effect lasting, meaningful change.
Why the Stanly County Family YMCA
- The Y is OPEN TO ALL. We offer financial assistance through OPEN DOORS SCHOLARSHIPS for those who cannot afford Y memberships and/or programs.
- When you join the Stanly County Family YMCA, you become part of a healthy community.
- In addition to the variety of programs and services we offer, you become active in your community by volunteering or participating in any number of community outreach programs.
- The Stanly County Family YMCA is the largest AFTERSCHOOL provider in Stanly County.
- Both pools have certified and trained lifeguards on duty to ensure a safe and fun environment.
- Our wellness staff is certified, trained, and waiting to serve you.
- There are NO CONTRACTS for membership.
- Members can receive a personalized exercise program.
It all begins with becoming a member of the Stanly County Family YMCA.